Thursday, October 14, 2010

Top 5 Guilty Pleasure Movies

You all know that you have one; or a few, movies that are cheesy, sappy, or just plain silly. This one was hard at first, but I have to admit, there are some movies that I'm totally shocked I liked, and feel a little embarrassed admitting that I like them, so I'm swallowing a bit of pride by actually mentioning them. I asked Mel what hers were. She says most movies she watches she doesn't feel embarrassed about them but she did come up with a few. Please weigh in and let me know what your favorites are.


Melody:

5: I'm going to put any of the family channel movies. She says she totally loves them and only gave me 4 so that is her 5th.
4: "The Oldest Living Confederate Widow Tells All" (I personally have never even heard of this one)
3: "Sarah, Plain and Tall" (I've never seen it)
2: "Pollyanna" (I must admit I love this one)
1: "Red Sonya" (Never seen it, but anyone that likes a Bridget Nelson movie has issues.....JK Mel)

Jeannine:

5: "Drop Dead Gorgeous" (Actually, I love this movie. It never gets old. The guilt comes because of one scene. It's a little sac-religious. But seriously; Josh introduced me to this movie and we laughed until I almost wet my pants)
4: "10 Things I Hate About You" (Again the embarrassment comes because I feel like I'm somewhat of a critic, and the dialog is really juvenile, but who couldn't love a young Heath Ledger)
3: "The Emperor's New Groove" (Really, it's just because it's a cartoon, and I usually just tolerate animated movies. I'm not a big fan of them, but this movie is SO-O-O-O-O funny, I loved it. An Honorable mention goes to "Hoodwinked" because I love how they tell the story from different points of view, like a Tarentino movie)
2: "Hudson Hawk" (This movie is horrible, but it has Bruce Willis, and how clever is it that they commit robbery while singing a song so they know how long it takes)
1: "17 Again" (Why oh why is Zac Efron so stinking adorable in this movie. Also, Tom Lennon, you sir steal this show. I loved it so much, and I feel like such a tween by admitting this)

7 comments:

Jenny said...

I am embarressed to mention some of these 1. overboard
2.ever after
3.sweet Home Alabama
4.Pollyanna
5.monster-in-law
I am a sucker for romance.

josh said...

YES JEANNINE!!! Drop Dead Gorgeous, 17 again- I'm right there with you! And Jenny- I too love Monster in Law! Ha ha!
1. Ladder 49- long story but I bawled!!!!!
2. Josie and the Pussycats. Two words- Parker Posey.
3. The Mothman Prophecies- after discussing with a number of people I was on of the few who was scared.
4. Amadeus. It's a great movie, dark but good. The guilty part comes when I say I used to watch it over and over in high school. I was ahead of my time.
5. Pride and Prejudice. The new one. I could watch it on repeat. And I have.

Adinalzir said...

Congratulations for your blog!

My blog is in the Top 30 TopBlog! Rate it http://migre.me/1xmPf

Thanks!

Jen said...

Ok, I'm only putting this 1 down because I'd really have to think about it harder, but my #1 guilty pleasure is Coyote Ugly. Really, someone as old as I am should not love this movie, but I do!
Also, I totally agree with you Jeannine, about 17 Again... Love that one too! Zac should not look so good at that young age!

Unknown said...

We had been excited to find out that Metal Slug Portable Impact is arriving together effectively and search toward discovering much more of the idea at a later date. We'll bring you a lot more insurance because it is presented, or perhaps when it is introduced, at some point close to Late.SAN FRANCISCO--Chances are, you might be familiar with Something like 20 Questions, the sport that will characteristically demands, "Animal, veg, as well as nutrient?Inch followed by a number of follow-up yes-or-no questions. We've got a couple of minutes to become probed through I-Play's cell version of the action, and now we learned that it had been similar to enjoying in opposition to an individual adversary.

buy runescape 07 gold

buy runescape 3 gold

kamr said...

تنظيف المجالس براس تنورة

aly said...

أذكار الصباح مكتوبة بخط كبير
كيف ارفع الحديد في الدم بسرعة ؟
اعراض التهاب اللوزتين عند الكبار
طريقة عمل البسبوسة العادية فى البيت
كيفية صلاة الاستخارة ووقتها
أبجد هوز الفراهيدي
بهارات تخلي الاكل يجنن