Sunday, January 18, 2009

My love/hate relationship(s).

As I've now been 2 weeks, Diet Coke free, I've been contemplating my love/hate relationship with that delicious, yet devious drink. I do love the stuff, but I hate the fact that I don't drink water, and that carbonation isn't very good for you. It made me think of other love/hate relationships that I have with a lot of other things.
I love/hate- my rainbow flip-flops. I love the way they make my feet feel. It's like they're giving my feet a hug. I hate that I can't wear them to work. It forces me to wear actual shoes, which I hate/hate.
I love/hate- music. I love the new, funky, indie music I find. I love the music I have for any mood I'm in. It can change, or enhance a mood, and I love it. I hate what some would call "music", country music isn't music it's whining. Hip-hop or pop music is really just a synthesizer working overtime. This is my honest, (and right) opinion. :)
I love/hate- movies. I love them because it's so fun to escape reality isn't it? Plus it is SO much fun to watch a good looking man on the big screen. Comedy, Drama, Suspense, it's all great. I hate them because a good majority of movies suck big time, and I hate when I pay $10 to see a pile of junk that I could have done better crapping out! Not to mention some of the actors get paid piles of money to pretty much phone in their lines. I can't believe some of the movies they green-light.
I love/hate- modern technology. By this I mean the following: My car, cell-phone, computer, ipod, and tivo. Man do they make my life easier, and better. I hate how dependent I am on them. My car: takes me where I need to go, but I do have to fight with traffic, and take care of maintenance, which isn't easy. What would I do without my cell-phone, I actually have a panic attack if I leave it home. I love my computer, but I sure do spend a lot of time on it which I hate. I don't know what I did without my ipod, but I hate when it crashes, or freezes up. Finally, my tivo, is amazing. Thank goodness I have it to watch all my MANY TV shows, what would I do without you. But I hate, how much TV I watch because of it. Like I said Way to dependent on these things. But thank goodness for them.
Last but not least... I love/hate- animals. They bring so much joy to us. Buddy makes me laugh like crazy, and even the roadies (Elvis and Princess Sofia) are entertaining, but I hate them because we have to add birds to this category. I HATE BIRDS. I think they're awful. I mean come on they caused a plane crash. Yet another reason to hate birds. Can everyone just agree with me now. They crap on your car, your head, your freshly cleaned windows. They're a nuisance, and I promise you people they will peck your eyes out. I'm just sayin'......

2 comments:

Jenny said...

that is funny you would mention birds I was just telling my mom about your phobiea of them the other day. Do you remember that lady or guy (I can't remember which)that brought their bird in to Command?

Laci said...

we need you here to take care of our birds at the office! they're dying cause know one cares!