Thursday, January 8, 2009

Out with the Old, In with the New!!

I must say I'm not sad to see 2008 leave. Luckily the year ended on a good note, but looking at the year with a glass half empty approach, this year sort of sucked. Between losing friend, losing a job, and just about losing my mind, yeah I'll say I'm glad it's bye bye to 2008. Here are a few things I learned, about myself mainly:

1: Most people think my music taste is as they would put it "peculiar".... and I like it. I was able to see some great concerts, and had some interesting, experiences at them. I think my top 2 would be Vampire Weekend, and Ani Difranco. Vampire Weekend was so funky and fun. I love their Musical style. The lead singer is very Geek/chic. LOVED IT. Ani was great, because she's so folksy and fun, and it was a concert I went to with my sister, we haven't been to a concert together, forever, and it was a fun bonding moment.
2. My name is much better when you pronounce it "Jernine". It's even better when a sentence starts..."But Jernine, I just want to be friends" ADORABLE.
3. Blue mascara makes my blue eyes pop. Such a great trick I learned. Nobody notices that I'm wearing blue mascara but they always mention how blue my eyes are. The secret is out.
4. For some reason, I only like writing in Sharpie markers. I don't know why, I just like it
5. Hawaii is heaven on earth. I'm so grateful that I was able to go there last Feb. with my Family. It was amazing, and I'll be honest that was probably the happiest moment of 2008. Sad huh.
6. The following TV shows are AWESOME (I'm singing that, that means it's important): How I met your Mother, The New Adventures of Old Christine, The Mentalist and The Soup. Now there are many other TV shows that are awesome, these are just ones that I've discovered this year, with the exception of The Soup. I just saw Joel Mchale live, and it reconfirmed to me, that everyone needs to be watching this show. Do yourself a favor people.
7. You're nothing without your family/good friends. I'm so lucky to have an amazing family to help me through hard times, and I really learned who my true friends are as well. Thank goodness for them both.
8. It is so difficult to transition from a singles ward, to a family ward. I didn't think I'd have as hard of a time with it. But it has been so tough. Luckily I know that the Gospel is true, and the ward isn't the most important so it will fall into place, sooner or later. (Hopefully sooner)

These are in no particular order of importance, They're just what came to me at 1:00 in the morning, when I can't sleep. (Somethings never change). Anyway I'll I have to say is 2008.... Buh Bye!

No comments: