Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Christmas Madness

You know those people who tell you...scratch that brag to you, that they're done with their Christmas shopping in August? You all know at least 1 person right? I hear that all the time, and I always think "umm... you're crazy" when inwardly I'm full of jealousy. I'm one of those last minute stress shoppers, the kind that get so frustrated and can't really enjoy the holiday's. Then if I do get a great idea, it's always last minute and I can never find the "great idea" I had in the store at all. AARRGGGHHH! I've heard at least 3 times in the last few weeks "the year is half over" and "Christmas is 6 months away, right around the corner." I'm like.... yeah.... so..... I think I work next Saturday but I'm not sure. Bottom line is every year I have these amazing intentions to plan ahead, and every year I'm one of those last minute shoppers.
So here's the thing, I actually have a few ideas for presents this year! Now the hope is to remember them for 6 whole long months. My hope is by posting this blog, I'll remember those ideas, and not talk myself out of them..... Oh... and PS, this is in NO WAY bragging. I will stay humbled by this brief and unusual streak of..... brilliance??

2 comments:

Kristine Yuhas said...

Like most, it seems like your starting out with good intentions.
Good Luck. I will be with you in the final weeks... and I will fight you for the last "Toy of the Season"

Laura said...

Ya you're not alone on this...Christmas hasn't even crossed my mind yet. And I always think of great ideas for presents and forget them too so I have started to save them on my phone so that way I wont forget.