Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Concert Craziness!


So I've had the opportunity to go to a few concerts this week. First I went to Jack's Mannequin with my friends Beca, and Katie. Paramore was headlining but we went mainly for Jack's Mannequin. It was at the Henderson Pavilion and wow what an experience that was. First I exchange a few words with this cranky security guard that I could tell didn't want to be there. I can't really blame him because it was hot out there but still... He could have told me I couldn't park where I was rather than threaten my car with a towing. However we found a better parking space, thank you very much and we were off to listen to Jack's. They were awesome. Here is a cute picture of us three... sexy huh? The only thing sexier than us is when a guy can rock out on a piano. Can I just tell you he was awesome. I wish I could have gotten a better picture of him, but I'm afraid this is as good as it gets. They were really good. He'd stand up and pound on the piano with one hand and hold the microphone with the other hand. Now I know what you're thinking... you're saying that's not hard I can do that too, well he makes it sound good. He definitely knows what he's doing.
After a fantastic set from Jack's Mannequin we got ready for Paramore, I'm not a huge fan, but I was curious. Well as soon as they came out, all of their die hard (and teen aged might I add) fans jumped on their chairs. The security guard calmly told everyone to get off their chairs, but of course there are always a few who think the rules don't apply to them. One girl in a tacky zebra print tank top to be exact (and directly in front of us)proceeded to get back on her chair. Katie told her she needs to get down and she gave her a finger gesture and told her to... well you know...... it rhymes with chuck cloth (you get the point). So I said to Beca and Katie if she doesn't get down I'm throwing something at her. Well she didn't... so I did... Then the security guard told them once again to get down, and being the oh so mature girl that she was.... told on me. I know what you're going to say... me throwing a glow in the dark bracelet isn't mature, but at this point what harm is it..right? The security guard didn't really care and I certainly didn't care, so it all works out. It made for an interesting night. Well after that we were kind of done. But I'm happy to say it was a pretty fun night, mean people included; it makes for a good story.
Friday was concert time again. This time it was Slightly Stoopid and Pepper. I dragged my friend from the salon Tayla with me and we headed to the Hard Rock. I forgot to bring my camera with me and I was pretty P-O'ed, because Pepper was H-O-T Hot! I looked up a photo of them on the Internet and I'm afraid this doesn't do it justice but it will have to do. Now the 2 lead singers... I don't even know their names both had their shirts off and it made Tayla and I happy! Pepper was awesome, but since the concert started so late we were pretty tuckered out by the time Slightly Stoopid took the stage. I guess I'm not the spring chicken I thought I was. However there were a few times I didn't think I would be able to leave because our feet were sticking to the alcohol soaked floor. We tried to get out of there quick though because we found a clinger in the form of a moderately drunk guy that was trying his best to lay on the charm. Bless his delusional heart. All in all I had a few fun nights, which has been good for me since I've been feeling so BLAH lately.
Now I'm going to jump on my fuddy duddy soapbox and say, WOW... the Hard Rock is crazy, as in crazy scary. I felt like I was smack dab in the middle of Sodom and Gomorrah. I've lived in Vegas for 5 years, and I can see why they call it Sin City, just because of The Hard Rock. However, they do have the coolest display case of Elvis Presley paraphernalia. I could have looked at that forever. What can I say I'm a fan.

4 comments:

Laci said...

that only took me an hour to read.. ha just kidding. you're such a good writer. it was like i was right there with ya!

Camren and Tiffany said...

Gosh looks like you are having a good time! You look so good and I enjoy keeping up with you through your blog!!

Beca said...

Such a fun concert!!! We have way too much fun together!!! Watch out everyone!!

Amberlee said...

Hey Jeannine, it's about time I updated my blog right??? The salon is good, I should post some pictures of it for you sounds like your doing awesome. Let me know when your down again! Amberlee