Friday, October 10, 2008

Bandanna-rama


My good friend Kristen is about the biggest dog lover I know. She has rescued 2 cute Golden Retrievers from a puppy mill and did all she could to get that place shut down. As a result of getting these puppies they have both needed hip surgery. Well as any animal owner will know, vet bills can be astronomical therefore she has to be creative to come up with money to help pay for them. Well her and her mom started sewing these cute doggie bandanna's and selling them at different events. They have an event coming up and Kristen said to me (and I quote) you're Mormon....you sew right? (I guess she thinks in order to become a Mormon we need to pass some sort of home-EC class. I kid.) My response when anyone asks me if I sew is "of course I do....I'm a Taylor". Anyhow, she asked me if I would be willing to sew some bandanna's for them, and they would pay me. Of course I said yes, and let me tell you I've been up to my elbows in bandannas. They have the cutest ones and I said I have to give one of these to my "brover" Buddy. They have the cutest material, and I gave him one that has motorcycles on one side, and paw prints on the other....So cute, and fitting for my parents dog. Here's an example of the bandannas I've been doing for the past week. My total count for the week....Large: about 100, I didn't get an exact count. Medium: 74, Teacup: 34. Crazy huh!!!!/

2 comments:

digital future said...

Bravo.
Nice blog.
Beautiful pictures.

Please visit:

http://holidayinparadise.blogspot.com

Good luck

Krista Lou Cook said...

I guess you have all odd with you since you are a Taylor AND a Mormon! Getter be an expert seamstress by now!