Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Scary Nightmare

Question: What do you do when the 4-year-old you are watching wakes you up at 3:30 in the morning and she's covered in blood?.... If the answer is FREAK OUT, then I did the right thing.... Let me explain:
I'm watching my favorite kids for a few days and since I was only sleeping over one night I decided to sleep on the couch, I told the kids that if they needed me I'd be downstairs, I just didn't think they would need me. They're pretty good about staying in bed once they're down. Anyhow, at around 3:30 I open my eyes to see Sadie looking at me and whimpering, She's got blood all over her face and hands, on her shirt, and on her legs. I didn't know what was happening, I thought I was having a nightmare at first until she grabbed my hand. I immediately jumped up, picked her up, and rushed her to the sink, I turned on the light, and saw that she had a bloody nose. (I'm not a pro when it comes to bloody noses. I can't ever recollect having a gushing bloody nose like this one, and I did what I did when I saw Lucas with one a few months ago. You guessed it I freaked out). I made her hold a tissue to her nose and began cleaning the blood off her face hands and legs. Thankfully the bleeding stopped rather quickly and she was fine. I walked her upstairs and she laid back down and went right to sleep..... I on the other hand couldn't get my heart to slow down for about 20 minutes. Let me tell you, that was the scariest nightmare I've had in a long time! I don't know how you mom's do it!

3 comments:

Krista Lou Cook said...

That WOULD be freaky! I am glad that it stopped quickly.

Anonymous said...

We do exactly what you just did - handle it as it comes the best we can at the moment. Sometimes it is while we are freaking out (usually more internally so you don't scare the kid to death). I say you did great!

Jen said...

I must say, to hear you tell the story is even better than reading it! I'm glad that you can laugh about it now!!! :)