Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day Thanks!

While I'm not super excited about the whole Election, and while I sort of have a downer attitude about it...(not really a believer of the whole "every vote counts" hoo-ha) my first thanks today has to deal with it:
1: I'm so thankful that it's over, I'm glad we won't be seeing the commercials anymore, getting the phone calls, e-mails... etc. etc. And even though I'm not too thrilled with the outcome either way, it will be good to have someone new in office for people to complain about. I know this sounds like I'm not thankful at all, but I am soooo thankful that I'm an American, and we actually have the right to vote. This country is awesome, and I love being a member of this great nation.
2: I'm going to use all caps because yes, I am shouting this. I LOVE MY NEW JOB. I started my first official day of work today. Yesterday I went to a training class, and that was awesome, because I learned so many good techniques on how to be an effective instructor, but today I shadowed in a classroom, and was able to help the students when they were cutting on their mannequin heads. It was so great to see them get that Ah-ha moment. It was even great to see them struggle, but then after asking a few questions overcome that struggle. I literally left today with the biggest cheesiest grin on my face. I even did a haircut on the instructor of their class, so I did a live model demo. It was awesome to be able to take the reigns and show the students how I was cutting. I felt so at ease, I wasn't nervous or uncomfortable at all. I love what I do, I love doing hair, and I'm SO grateful for my job. Both of them. Right now I'm loving life, and I'm thankful for that too! Life is good!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

YAY JEANNINE! I love reading you love life and we love you and love is all you need (yes, that last part was intended John Lennon cheese). :)
Glad your job is sweet.