Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Last Hurrah!


I thought I would end the month with the thing I am most thankful for...which is what I started out with. My family and friends. It's okay that I mention them twice, because they are so important to me, it's worth mentioning more than once.
It has been so awesome being home for Thanksgiving, but I was a little scared because, since the weather was a little rainy, they had been cancelling flights, so early Thanksgiving morning I called and found out my flight was leaving on time. Phew!!! While I was waiting in line to board the plane, I called my mom to let her know I was on my way. BUT.... being the trickster that I am I thought I'd have a little fun with it. Here's how the conversation went. Mom: "Happy Thanksgiving, we are so excited for you to get here" Me: "yeah, about that. Ummm My flight's been cancelled" Mom: "WHAT!!! Please tell me your kidding" Me: (as I'm giggling) "Okay, I'm kidding I'm getting ready to board the flight right now." Now I'll share with you my side of the conversation, and what those around me could here. Me: ".....I'm getting ready to board the flight right now.....Oh mom, are you crying?.....Don't cry, it was just a joke, I'll be there in an hour.... Oh man, did I ruin Thanksgiving? I'm a terrible daughter."
Yeah my joke backfired, I've learned never to kid with my mom on Thanksgiving. Or as she puts it "Her Holiday." The people around me went from looking at me with confusion because we were all in line, to laughing because it serves me right for trying to play a joke on my mom. (oh Karma the mouse, how dare you)
But this weekend has been fun and my family has been amazing. We had fun trying to work our timers to get the picture above that the 2 Dave's', were plum tuckered out.
We had so much fun this weekend, we watched movies HSM 3, and Quantum of Solace, in the same day. Of course I was the kitchen cosmetologist and did hair, but I also had time to catch up with a few friends. My friend Tiersa who we try to get together every time I come up, but it doesn't always happen, and my friend Anais Haase. She was one of my mission companions, and I haven't seen her in 6 years. It was so much fun catching up with her. We had such an awesome time and she looks amazing. Anais I love ya like crazy and I'm SO glad we caught up. Let's not let 6 years go by again.
It makes me so excited for Christmas time. I can't wait to come back up and spend more time with my loved ones. This month has made me realize how much I have to be thankful for. For all of you, thank you for being a part of my life. I hope your Thanksgiving was as good as mine.

1 comment:

Watson said...

I'm pretty sure you need to delete that picture of Dave and I. :) What a great thanksgiving and weekend! Thanks for the haircut and for kicking my trash at Phase 10!