Saturday, November 8, 2008

Thank you...Thank you very much....

Oh the things to be thankful for.
1: I'm so thankful for hugs.... what could be better huh? Seriously who couldn't love hugs? If you don't you're dead inside, and that's saying a lot coming from me. But there is a specific reason I'm thankful for them today, let me explain.... So today at my AWESOME job, I've been shadowing the freshman class, since I'm getting my freshman class on Monday. Well freshmen, don't work on actually people, they do their cuts, colors, perms, etc. on their Patty mannequin dolls, but, they do get to bring in models from time to time. So today was their first time to bring in their models. One student was doing the haircut they had learned on Tuesday on her niece. She was pretty nervous because she was going to be cutting a lot of hair off, so she asked me to stay near by for moral support. So I complied and kept an eye on her, I was there to give her pointers and help answer her questions, but mainly reassure her when I could tell she was starting to freak out. She was taking on a pretty difficult haircut and I was super proud of her for not wimping out. (A lot of students tried to back out of doing cuts, but we didn't let them,and I wouldn't let her do that anyway). She did such a great job, I cross checked it and helped her fix some very minor snips here and there, then I showed her some tricks on finishing the cut, and let me tell you this girl looked so cute at the end. The cut was soooo fantastic. The other students kept coming up to her and were in awe at the job she did. I think they were jealous they didn't get to do that cut on their models. My student, was beaming from ear to ear, and so was her niece, and afterward she gave me the biggest hug. This hug started from her head and went down to her toes. You could feel how happy she was. Let me tell you that warmed the very cockles of my heart. She threw her arms around her other instructor, and her instructor whispered to me, "I need to walk away because I'm going to start to cry... I'm so happy for her." Anyhow, THAT is why I'm thankful for hugs.
2: I'm thankful for a day off. So it's not technically a full day off, because I'm going in to the salon in the morning to do a quick color, but it will be nice, after this hectic week, to be able to relax for the next 2 days. YAY!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

"The cockles of your heart"? You are so awesome.